BRAS' BLOG

Thoughts which form poetry, short stories, essays, and forms of mass media from a life form. Writings from a former spoken word artist, who called himself nabraska. Come in and enjoy some of the maddness from the perspective of a prisoner of the usa.

My Photo
Name:
Location: anytown, usa

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Dear Cynthia, Rosa, or whoever reads this:

I'm a poet/teacher first, supporter second, and believer of truth at all times. I am a resident of Omaha Nebraska where Ms. McKinney and Ms. Clemente were on the ballot, and damn skippy I placed my vote for ladies of truth. Due to my brokeness, I've been unable to support the campaign financially, however due to my youth and other endevors, I've been able to spread the word. (some of my democratic friends say disention, revolt, and vote splitting) However I am vigilant in truth and I know where to find it.

I would like to congratulate Ms. McKinney and Ms. Clemente on a race well run and disemination of information at a historical time when many of the masses have been blinded by fear, hope, and history. (when it comes to a black man running)

Just to let you know, I'm a Black Man, believer in truth, and all that this campaign has put forth. You can learn more about me and the views I hold on my website www.nabraskapoet.com and of course my myspace pages www.myspace.com/nabraskapoetryworld and myspace.com/nabraska_clarence

It is a rough road filled with slammed doors and an unyielding stronghold to that which is and status-quo-ism. I am strong in the belief that this step forth will not be one step but a continuation in a walk, a march, a journey that we all hope to see each of us continue forth on.

In peace and success
nabraska
nabraskapoet@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home