BRAS' BLOG

Thoughts which form poetry, short stories, essays, and forms of mass media from a life form. Writings from a former spoken word artist, who called himself nabraska. Come in and enjoy some of the maddness from the perspective of a prisoner of the usa.

My Photo
Name:
Location: anytown, usa

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Obama for the Masses Part III

This is the third and final portion that I'll post about Barak Obama. As the videos will state, better than I, the reason(s) I can not support mr. obama. It took some time for me to put my finger on it, but I think, I now know and understand. I tried to put it in my last couple of blogs, but I feel that I was too forward for most. My reasoning is as follows: if/when obama becomes president most people (white and black, white mostly) will say that racism no longer exist; secondly, obama has said little to nothing about the oppression that Africans and other minorities face and deal with in this white supremacist, capitalistic society; finally, obama with all the hope he gives to amerikkka, he does not express this hope to he who is most like him, to he who needs it most--the young black male. It amazes me that while his father was African, he shuns that part of himself, therefore further suppressing Black African males at a time where there are few heroes. I don't want to have to say this, but my conscious forces me to make this comparison:

The House Negro and the Field Negro

Speech by Malcolm X


There were two kinds of Negroes. There was that old house Negro and the field Negro. And the house Negro always looked out for his master. When the field Negro got too much out of line, he held them back in check. He put ‘em back on the plantation.

The house Negro could afford to do that because he lived better than the field Negro. He ate better, he dressed better, and he lived in a better house. He lived right up next to his master-in the attic or the basement. He ate the same food his master ate and wore his same clothes. And he could talk just like his master-good diction. And he loved his master more than his master loved himself. That’s why he didn’t want his master hurt.

If the master got sick, he’d say, “What’s the matter, boss, we sick?” [Laughter] When the master’s house caught afire, he’d try and put the fire out. He didn’t want his master’s house burned. He never wanted his master’s property threatened. And he was more defensive of it than the master was. That was the house Negro.

But then you had some field Negroes, who lived in huts, had nothing to lose. They wore the worst kind of clothes. They ate the worst food. And they caught hell. They felt the sting of the lash. They hated their master. Oh yes, they did.

If the master got sick, they’d pray that the master died. [Laughter and Applause] If the master’d house caught afire, they’d pray for a strong wind to come along. [Laughter] This was the difference between the two.

mr. obama is a house negro, and we have yet to follow a true house negro until now...fully integrated into this wicked system. Watch the videos with a watchful eye, integrity of self, and truth from the eyes of that which has yet to know freedom




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home