BRAS' BLOG

Thoughts which form poetry, short stories, essays, and forms of mass media from a life form. Writings from a former spoken word artist, who called himself nabraska. Come in and enjoy some of the maddness from the perspective of a prisoner of the usa.

My Photo
Name:
Location: anytown, usa

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Ok, so I'm a bit pissed at my current situation. Last weekend was suppose to be a great poetic experience. It was planned that I had three performances, two Saturday; one here in Atlanta at the film festival, one in Montgomery Alabama, and the third being in Mobile. Unfortunately I was only able to attend the performance in Atlanta. Due to mobility issues I was not able to see my folks in Alabama. So allow me to apologize for not coming thru and doing what I do...what we do.

However hopefully there will be other opportunities where we can connect, share, and blaze the mic like a ... like a...well, u know what I'm sayin'. So allow me to apologize on that tip.

Now the other b.s that went on this weekend was of course at the plantation. (my job) I happened to be late two days in a row; and granted I was hella late. However, guess what--yep u guessed it, they fired my black azz. But all's not lost, I got some job offers that I'm waiting to come thru and I will be appealing my ex-bosses' decision and go thru some kind of arbitration to see if I can get a transfer to another store and be re-hired. Well, we'll see.

So as far as the poetry goes, I'll be doing a lot of performing here in the A-Town this week, so come out to the poetry spots and we'll get together and get the damn thang done. One luv to the real, and a fuck you to the hatas!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home